The UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018 is given below. Follow the NET UGC Paper Pattern while preparing for the test. Get to know complete details about the Structure of the UGC NET Exam, Number of marks assigned for each paper from this article. Also, check information regarding UGC NET Pattern 2018 and UGC NET Negative Markings Scheme.
Flash News!! July UGC NET Detailed Notification 2018 has been released. The submission of online application is extended upto 12th April 2018. Check UGC NET 2018 Online Application details from here.
8th July UGC NET Paper Pattern 2018
We know that UGC NET Exam is a very challenging exam in India. If you qualify for the NET Exam, then it means that your life has been settled. Thus, UGC NET Exam Scheme is designed to select the candidates who have good knowledge and capacity for doing research work in any university/college.
Every year, the CBSE NET Exam Pattern is same. But, in this year of 2018, the UGC NET July 2018 Paper Pattern has changed. The CBSE NET Paper Pattern has Paper 1 and Paper 2 only. The UGC NET/JRE Exam Pattern decides how the Question Paper is designed. If the aspirants have an idea about UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018, then they can create a study schedule and start preparing for the UGC NET Test 2018. By starting UGC NET Preparation Plans early, the aspirants can learn more topics by referring UGC NET Books.
Latest News!! In 2018, the UGC NET Exam Pattern is changed. The UGC NET contains only Paper I and Paper II from this year onwards.
<< UGC NET Previous Papers >>
Exam Pattern for UGC NET 2018
|CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018|
|Name of the Board||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Organisation Name||University Grants Commission|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Test|
|UGC NET Online Application Starts From||5th March 2018|
|Last Date for UGC NET Application||12th April 2018 (upto 11:59 PM)|
|Last Date for Paying UGC NET Fees||13th April 2018 (upto 11:59 PM)|
|UGC NET 2018 Exam Date||8th July 2018 (9:30 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Answer Key Release Date||Fourth Week of August 2018|
|Result Date||September 2018|
|Level of Exam||State Level Exam|
<< UGC NET 2018 Answer Key >>
<< UGC NET 2018 Admit Card >>
Revised UGC NET Pattern for Paper I and Paper II | UGC NET Exam Pattern for July 2018
The latest UGC NET 2018 Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The number of questions in paper 1 is 50.
- All these questions are compulsory.
- The Paper-1 consists of Multiple choice questions with one correct option.
- Each question carries two marks.
- The duration is one hour that starts at 9:30 AM and ends at 10:30 AM.
- The Paper 1 examines the teaching and researching aptitude of the candidates. The UGC NET Paper I tests the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- The paper-2 contains 100 questions.
- All the questions are compulsory.
- It is an objective type multiple choice test with one correct answer.
- Also, each question holds two marks.
- The duration is 2 hours, starts from 11:00 AM and ends at 1:00 PM.
- The Paper II exam is based on the subject selected by the applicant.
Note that, there are no negative marks for wrong answers.
<< UGC NET 2018 Results >>
The CBSE UGC NET Paper Pattern 2018 in table format:
|Exam Pattern of UGC NET 2018|
|Type of Exam||Name of the Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Allocated Time|
|Objective type Exam||Paper-I||50||100||1 hour (9:30 AM to 10:30 AM)|
|Paper-II||100||200||2 hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
- 30 minutes extra time is provided for the persons with disabilities.
- Also, the UGC NET provides test booklet of paper-1 and paper-2 in braille for blind candidates.
- Moreover, the candidates who cannot write by themselves can request for services atleast one week before the UGC NET Exam by writing a request letter to UGC NET coordination institute.
Also, check UGC NET Cut off 2018 to have a complete idea about UGC NET Exam.
Usage of NET UGC Exam Pattern 2018 | CBSE UGC NET July 2018 Exam Pattern
- If you know UGC NET Paper Pattern, then it will be easy to study for cracking the CBSE NET Exam.
- The UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018 helps the aspirants while creating the timetable for the exam. That means UGC NET JRE Exam Pattern is useful for UGC NET 2018 Preparation.
- Also, the aspirant can have an idea about on which paper, i.e., either paper 1 or paper 2, he/she has to spend more time while studying.
- With this analysis, the aspirants can assign more time for studying topics in which they are weak and less time for easy topics.
- This knowledge leads to good preparation. With good preparation, the aspirants can qualify UGC NET Exam and become eligible for Assistant Prof job and JR Fellowship.
<< View UGC NET 2018 Subjects >>
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Pattern 2018
The CBSE has released a detailed notification on 24th February 2018. The UGC has made a few changes in UGC NET Notification which is attracting more number of people to apply for the CBSE NET Test. The changed factors are:
- The Junior Research Fellowship age limit has increased from 28 years to 30 years.
- The Qualifying Percentage out of appeared candidates has increased from 3.99% to 6.00%.
- Paper I, Paper II and Paper III are reduced to Paper I & II.
Also, the UGC NET Exam is on 8th July 2018. The officials design UGC NET National Exam Pattern even before announcing the notification. After checking UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, apply for the exam.
Last year, more than 9 lakh members have applied for the exam. With this new changes, the number of applicants increases that lead to more competition. Hence, check UGC NET July 2018 Exam Pattern that shows an overview of how the exam is conducted. So, after referring CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern July 2018, start preparing for the exam. For studying paper I and paper II, use the UGC NET Study Material. With early preparation, the students can cover most of the syllabus. The More syllabus aspirant covers, more marks he/she acquires in the exam which increases the chance to get qualified.
CBSE UGC NET Syllabus 2018
The examiners provide Syllabus for UGC NET 2018 Exam for the convenience of candidates, so that they can prepare for the test. The CBSE UGC NET Syllabus for paper 1 and paper 2 is completely different. The paper I is a general paper which is common for all the candidates. While paper II depends on the subject selected by the candidate. Hence, check NET UGC Syllabus to know which topics are included.
After knowing syllabus, refer UGC NET Books to start learning. Candidates can use Syllabus UGC NET for Paper I and Paper II as a reference to buy books and start studying. Also, be careful to refer books that include complete Syllabus of UGC NET 2018. With both UGC NET Syllabus and UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018, the aspirant can plan his preparation schedule wisely and qualify in the exam.
<< Download UGC NET 2018 Certificate >>
Bookmark this website to check details about latest India entrance exams. Also, follow this site to know information about entrance exam notifications, syllabus. And, we are providing preparation tips, books.