The NEST Exam Syllabus 2018 is provided here. You can Download NEST Syllabus 2018 pdf for free from this page and start your preparation. With the help of both the NEST 2018 Syllabus and NEST Exam Pattern 2018, you can prepare a study plan. Also, read this article to know more details related to the National Entrance Screening Test Syllabus 2018.
NISER NEST Syllabus 2018 | National Entrance Screening Test 2018 Syllabus
The foremost thing to do while preparing for any competitive exam is to know the NEST 2018 Syllabus. Without knowing the NEST Entrance Exam Syllabus 2018, the candidates can’t prepare well for the NEST 2018 Exam. Since good preparation is necessary for qualifying the exam, we are providing the NISER University Syllabus 2018 to help the candidates to get ready for the NEST 2018 Exam. Along with the NEST Exam Syllabus 2018, the candidates need to know the NEST 2018 Exam Pattern to generate an effective study plan. By getting familiar with the Syllabus of NEST 2018, the candidates can get awareness on all the topics that occur in the NEST 2018 Test.
Since the NISER Syllabus 2018 for NEST Exam contains many topics, the candidates might get worried and lose their confidence. So, study the subjects that have fewer topics instead of subjects that include huge topics from the Syllabus of NEST 2018. Go through the nestexam.in Syllabus 2018 in the below sections to get prepared for the NEST 2018 Exam. Also, the NEST Syllabus 2018 Pdf Download Link is provided below and read all the details related to Scheme of NEST 2018 Examination from below para.
NEST 2018 Exam Important Dates
|NEST 2018 Syllabus Pdf Download|
|Name of the Board conducting Exam||National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER)|
|Exam Name||National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2018|
|Hall Ticket Issue Date||25th April 2018|
|Exam Date of NEST 2018||2nd June 2018|
NEST Exam Pattern 2018 | NEST Marking Scheme 2018
The candidates can find accurate Exam Pattern of NEST 2018 from below. The National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER) decides the NEST 2018 Exam Pattern. The NEST Exam Pattern 2018 includes five subjects – General section, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The NEST Paper Pattern 2018 is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in above-mentioned subjects. Also, the authority associates marking scheme with the NEST Test Pattern 2018 that includes the marks assigned for correct and wrong answers. The structure of NEST 2018 Exam is as follows:
|S.No.||Subject Name||Marks||Type of questions|
NEST 2018 Marking Scheme
- The exam is conducted in online mode, i..e it is a Computer Based Test.
- The questions are of objective type questions.
- The total no. of questions asked is 230.
- For general section, there are no negative marks assigned for wrong answers.
- For other subjects, if a candidate answers wrongly for a question, negative marks are applicable.
- The total duration of the NEST 2018 Exam is 3 hours.
<< NEST 2018 Admit Card >>
Syllabus for NEST 2018 | NISER NEST 2018 Syllabus Section wise
By checking the Latest NEST Syllabus 2018, the candidates can know the newer topics that are added. Moreover, by referring NEST Subject Wise Syllabus 2018, the candidates can be aware of the topics that are left balanced after preparation. Here, the candidates can get the Detailed NEST 2018 Syllabus Topic Wise.
NEST Subject Wise Syllabus 2018 | NISER Syllabus 2018
The candidates can check and download the Updated NEST syllabus 2018 in pdf format from this page. To get the NISER Syllabus 2018, the candidate has to click on NEST 2018 Syllabus Pdf Link (available below). The Syllabus of NEST 2018 contains the following subjects.
- NEST General Section Syllabus 2018
- NEST 2018 Biology Syllabus,
- NEST Syllabus for Chemistry 2018,
- NEST Mathematics 2018 Syllabus,
- MEST 2018 Syllabus for Physics.
NEST Exam Syllabus 2018 for General
The NISER has not provided any specific Entrance Exam Syllabus for General Section. The NEST Syllabus 2018 for General Section includes the topics from NCERT/ CBSE Class 11 & 12 syllabi. This section consists of questions that are designed to test the student’s aptitude in a science career that includes
- Major historical milestones in
- Environment, and
- Computer Science.
- Passages and their related questions on scientific topics.
NEST Biology Syllabus 2018
- Cell Theory,
- Nucleic Acids,
- Basic Concepts of Molecules,
- Cellular Respiration,
- Principles of basic Techniques in molecular biology,
- Discover and structure of DNA,
- Principles of basic techniques in molecular biology,
- Competitive & Non-competitive Inhibition.
Genetics & Evolution
- Evidences & Theories of Organic Revolution,
- Mitosis and Meiosis compared & Contrasted,
- Reduction Division,
- Medel’s Laws of Inheritance,
- Role of Mutations in evolution,
- Elaboration of Mendel’s law of Inheritance,
- Human Genetics.
- Interspecific associations,
- Flora and fauna,
- Basics of microbial systems,
Biology of Animal systems
- Digestive System,
- Circulatory System,
- Respiratory System,
- Excretory System,
- Reproductive System,
- Nervous System.
Biology of Plant System
- Anatomy and physiology of plants,
- Plant growth & development,
- The internal structure of a root,
- The internal structure of dicot,
- Comparative study of dicot and monocot leaves,
- History and importance of Photosynthesis,
- Factors and Mechanism,
- Stomatal Mechanism,
- The significance of life cycles,
Syllabus for NEST 2018 – Chemistry
Measurements in Chemistry
- SI units,
- Fundamental quantities.
- Avagadro concept,
- Mole fraction,
- Molar masses,
- Equivalent weight and normality,
- Percent Composition,
- Law of partial pressures,
- Vapour pressure,
- Diffusion of gases.
Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding
- Bohr Model,
- Uncertainty Principle,
- Filling of Orbitals,
- Gas laws,
- Ideal gas equation,
- Real gases and deviation from ideality,
- Liquefaction of gases,
- Van der Waals equation,
- Kinetic theory of gases,
- Average, root mean square,
- Most probable velocities & their relation with temperature,
- Law of partial pressures,
- Vapour pressure,
- Diffusion of gases.
- First law of thermodynamics,
- Internal energy,
- work and heat,
- Heat of reaction,
- Enthalpy and enthalpy change,
- Hess’s law,
- Fusion and Vaporisation,
- The second law of thermodynamics,
- Free energy,
- Criterion of spontaneity.
- Laws of Chemical Equilibrium,
- Equilibrium Constants,
- Acids & Bases,
- Relationship of K and G,
- Degree of Association,
- Solubility Product,
- Hydrolysis of Salts,
- Common Ion Effect.
- Redox reactions,
- Electrochemical Cells,
- Standard electrode potential,
- Electrochemical series,
- Electrolysis & Faradays Law of Electrolysis,
<< NEST 2018 Result >>
- Rates of chemical reactions,
- Order of reaction,
- rate constant,
- First order and pseudo first order reactions,
- Factors affecting the rate of reaction,
- concentration, temperature (Arrhenius equation), catalyst.
Classification of Solids
- Amorphous and Crystalline solids,
- Seven crystal systems,
- Closed packed structure of solids (cubic),
- packing in fcc, bcc and hcp lattices,
- Packing efficiency,
- nearest neighbours,
- ionic radii,
- Simple ionic compounds,
- Imperfection in solids,
- point defects,
- Electrical and magnetic properties,
- band theory of metals.
- The solution of solid and gas in liquid,
- The concentration of the solution,
- Ideal and non-ideal solutions,
- Colligative properties,
- Vapour pressure of the solution,
- Raoult’s law,
- Molecular weight,
- Determination from lowering of vapour pressure,
- Elevation of boiling point and depression of freezing point,
- Abnormal molecular mass,
- Vant Hoff factor,
- Osmotic pressure,
- Reverse osmosis.
- Physisorption and chemisorptions,
- Factors affecting the adsorption of gases on solids,
- Adsorption isotherm,
- Catalysis – homogeneous and heterogeneous,
- Preparation and properties of colloids,
- Tyndall effect,
- Brownian movement,
- Electrophoresis, coagulation,
- Application of colloids,
Classification of Metals & periodicity in properties
- Modern periodic table,
- Periodic trends in properties of elements,
- Oxidation state,
- Classification of elements,
- Atomic/ionic radius,
- Ionization energy,
- Electron gain energy,
- Electronegativity, valency,
- Chemical reactivity,
- Diagonal relationship,
- Anomalous behaviours of Li, Be, B, C.
S Block Elements
- Properties and reactions of alkali metals with emphasis on chemistry of Na and K and their compounds-oxides,
- Chlorides and sulphates and its uses,
- Preparation and properties and reactions alkaline earth metals with emphasis on the chemistry of Mg and Ca and their compounds.
- Nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds,
- Hybridization and geometries of mononuclear coordination compounds,
- Werner’s theory, VBT, CFT,
- General methods of extraction involving chemical principles,
- Electrochemical and redox principles,
- The occurrence of metals,
- Magnetic properties,
- Metals and metallurgy,
- Thermodynamics principles,
- General operation stages involved in the metallurgical operation,
- Metallurgy of p–block element.
NEST Physics Syllabus 2018 – Unit Wise
- Units and Dimensions,
- Dimensional Analysis,
- Least Count,
- Methods of Measurement,
- Desing of some simple experiments,
- Graphical representation and interpretation of date.
- Thermal Physics,
- Electricity and magnetism,
- Modern physics.
NEST Syllabus for Maths Unit Wise
- Logarithms and their properties,
- Analytical Geometry,
- Differ Calculus,
- Integral Calculus,
What is NEST 2018 Exam?
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by National Institute of science Educational & Research (NISER). The exam is conducted only once in every year. The NEST 2018 Exam is conducted to provide admissions into 5 years integrated M.Sc programmes offered by National Institute of Science Educational & Research (NISER), Bhubaneshwar and University of Mumbai, Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE-CEBS). NEST 2018 Exam is conducted in 106 cities across India.
On 02nd June 2018, the exam is conducted. And, the exam entrance ticket, ie. hall tickets are released on 25th April 2018. After checking the NEST 2018 Exam Dates, prepare by following provided NEST Syllabus 2018.
Visit our site to get other details of NISER NEST 2018 Exam. Also, bookmark our site to obtain the latest information on National Level Entrance Exams.