KVPY Eligibility Criteria for all the students is available here. With KVPY Exam 2018 Eligibility, the candidate can know whether he can apply for the KVPY Scholarship or not. Check KVPY Eligibility 2018 and register for the aptitude test. The complete details of KVPY Eligibility for all streams are given below.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2018
The students who want to increase their academic potential and join in research activities can apply for KVPY Exam. However, to apply for this exam, a candidate should know whether he/she is qualified to register or not??? So, check whether your educational qualifications meet KVPY Exam Eligibility Criteria 2018 or not. If your academic qualification reaches Eligibility for KVPY Test, then apply for the KVPY 2018 Exam.
Every year, the KVPY official examination board releases the KVPY Scholarship Eligibility details along with the notification. The KVPY 2018 Eligibility Criteria helps the authority to avoid candidates who would not be able to accomplish their goals. The Eligibility of KVPY 2018 tells all information about age limit, citizenship, academic criteria. The KVPY SB Eligibility 2018 determines minimum qualifications required to apply under SB Stream. KVPY Stream SA Academic Criteria decides which student can apply through SA Stream. Finally, the KVPY Stream SX Eligibility 2018 tells the educational qualifications a candidate should have to register under SX Stream.
<< KVPY 2018 Syllabus >>
Eligibility for KVPY 2018 Exam
|KVPY Eligibility Class 11 2018|
|Name of the Organisation||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Name of the Board||Indian Institute of Science, Banglore|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Application Form Starts From||2nd Week of July 2018 (Tentative)|
|Application Form Ending date||2nd Week of August 2018 (Tentative)|
|Admit Card Release Date||2nd week of October 2018 (Tentative)|
|Exam Date||1st week of November 2018 (Tentative)|
|Result Date||1st Week of December 2018 (Tentative)|
|Interview Date||3rd Week of January 2019 (Tentative)|
<< KVPY 2018 Study Material >>
<< KVPY 2018 Books >>
KVPY Eligibility 2018 for Class 11, 12, UG Students
The Eligibility Criteria for KVPY determines who can and who cannot apply for KVPY Fellowship. The following are the common conditions in KVPY Exam Eligibility 2018 for all streams:
- The students should be studying either XI or XII standard or in the first year of any of the below mentioned UG courses.
- The candidate should be willing to do an Under Graduate (UG) Program in Basic Sciences, i.e., Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Mathematics. The UG course can be B.Sc. or B.S. or B.Stat. Or B.Math. Or Intermediate M.Sc. or Int. M.S.
- Students who pursue or pursuing UG under distance scheme/ correspondence course cannot apply for KVPY Fellowship.
- Also, students enrolled in a UG course in Statistics, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Marine Biology, Zoology,Botany, Physiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Neurosciences, Geology, Human Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science or Environmental Science are eligible for KVPY fellowship.
- The aspirants who belong to India can apply for KVPS Test. The candidates who are from other countries, i.e., whose nationality is not India cannot register for KVPY Scholarship.
- The notification clearly states that any student/aspirant should satisfy the mentioned conditions in order to write KVPY Aptitude Test. Hence, KVPY Eligibility For Droppers is that they cannot apply for the exam nor they can get KVPY Fellowship.
<< KVPY 2018 Exam Date >>
KVPY SA Stream Eligibility Criteria 2018 | KVPY Eligibility for Class 11
The candidates can get KVPY Fellowship/Scholarship if the candidate fulfils the below-mentioned conditions. And, a candidate falls under KVPY Stream SA if he/she meets the following requirements:
Eligibility for Applying:
- The student should be pursuing XI Standard in basic science subjects, during the academic year 2018 – 19.
- The candidate should have secured minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in Xth Board Exams.
<< KVPY 2018 Eligibility >>
Eligibility for Scholarship:
- The candidate should secure minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in science subjects in XII Standard or +2 academic exams.
- Also, the KVPY Fellowship will become active only if students join in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences, which can be B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. in the academic year 2020-21.
- During the interim period, students are invited to National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp. The KVPY takes care of travel and other related expenses.
KVPY SX Stream Academic Criteria | KVPY Class 12 Eligibility
The candidates can get KVPY Fellowship/scholarship under Stream SX if the student satisfies following conditions:
Eligibility to Apply:
- The Students enrolled in XII standard / +2 science subjects during the academic year 2017-18 are eligible.
- In X standard, the candidate should have secured 75% marks or 65% for SC/ST/PWD in aggregate in Science (physics, chemistry, biology) and Mathematics subjects.
- In XII board exams, the candidate has to achieve atleast 60% marks or 50% for SC/ST/PWD in aggregate in science subjects in XII or +2 standard exams.
Eligibility to get Fellowship:
- The aspirant should aspire to join an undergraduate program, namely B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S with basic science as the mainstream.
Note that, the above-mentioned KVPY Stream SX Eligibility Criteria applies to students studying in Cambridge International Examination Board.
<< KVPY 2018 Result >>
Eligibility for KVPY SB Stream | KVPY Eligibility After 12th
The aspirants who fulfill below given points falls under Stream SB. The student should satisfy KVPY SB Stream Eligibility Criteria to apply for KVPY Aptitude Test:
- In the academic year 2017-18, candidates who are studying the first year of UG in Basic Sciences, i.e., Physics/Chemistry/Biology & Mathematics can apply. The Under Graduate program can be B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.
- The candidates should have scored 60% marks or 50% for SC/ST/PWD in aggregate in science and maths subjects.
- Also, the aspirant should secure 60% marks for UR/OBC and 50% for SC/ST/PWD category in the first-year final exam.
<< KVPY 2018 Answer Key >>
KVPY Academic Criteria 2018 for Stream SA SB SX
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a Fellowship or scholarship program funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Its motive is to encourage the students to take up research careers in Science and Mathematics.
The students enrolled in XI, XII and the first year of undergraduate course are eligible for this program. The aspirants have to apply under Stream SA/SB/SX and attend for Aptitude Test. The students who qualify for aptitude gets a call for Interview. The selection of candidates for KVPY Scholarship is done by considering KVPY Aptitude Test and Interview marks. So, see whether you have fulfilled KVPY 2018 Eligibility Standards or not from above conditions to get KVPY Scholarship. If the KVPY Eligibility applies to you, then don’t waste your time and register for KVPY Scholarship or Fellowship.
<< KVPY 2018 Cutoff >>
KVPY Fellowship & Scholarship Details
Only the aspirants who apply through KVPY Streams will get KVPY Fellowship/ Scholarship. The Fellowship and KVPY Contingency Grant awarded to students is as follows:
- During first to the third year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Integrated M.Sc. and M.S., the student gets Rs. 5000 as a monthly stipend. And, Annual Contingency Grant is Rs. 20000.
- During first and the fourth year of M.sc / 4th and 5th Year of Integrated M.Sc./M.S., the monthly stipend is Rs. 7000. And, Rs. 28000 is Annual Contingency Grant.
Along with eligibility, the students can know information about other Latest Entrance Exams syllabus, previous papers, exam pattern, answer keys, cut off and results. Hence, bookmark this website or press Ctrl + D, to get updates on All India Entrance Exams.