The Latest IIT JAM Exam Syllabus 2019 is provided here. You can check the IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus Pdf to prepare for the exam. Know the topics included in IIT JAM Syllabus for Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology. Also, read this article to know more details related to IIT Joint Admission Test Syllabus 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics
Have you completed applying for IIT JAM 2019 Exam? Then, refer the IIT JAM Syllabus 2019. All the students who have applied for the IIT JAM 2019 Test should check IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus. Because the IIT JAM Exam Syllabus 2019 is necessary to prepare a study timetable. The main purpose of conducting any Entrance Exam is to provide admissions to candidates in a course. And, the admissions are offered based on the score. The Syllabus of IIT JAM 2019 helps the candidates in scoring high marks.
Actually, the IIT JAM Entrance Syllabus 2019 displays all the topics included in the question paper. So, by referring the IIT Joint Admission Test Syllabus 2019, the students can know what topics he/ she has to study. Hence, it is necessary for a candidate to check jam.iib.ac.in Syllabus 2019. Also, refer the IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 as it displays marking scheme of the exam.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Details
|IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc Syllabus 2019|
|Organising Authority Name||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)|
|Exam Name||IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (IIT JAM) 2019|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card Releasing Date||January 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||February 2019|
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 | IIT JAM Marking Scheme 2019
The IIT JAM 2019 Exam Pattern is like a blueprint of the Exam. By checking the IIT JAM Paper Pattern 2019, the candidates will have an idea about how the exam is conducted. The IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 reveals details of exam such as a number of questions asked in the exam, marks assigned for questions, type of questions asked in the exam and so on. The IIT JAM 2019 Paper Pattern is as follows:
- Sessions: The IIT JAM 2019 Exam is conducted in two sessions. One is held from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM and another session is conducted from 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM.
- Test Papers: In each session, a set of papers with different subjects are included. There are total 7 papers/ subjects.
|Session I||Geology (GG), Biotechnology (BT), Mathematical Statistics (MS), and Chemistry (CY)||09:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Session II||Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH), and Biological Sciences (BL)||12:00 PM to 05:00 PM|
- Exam Duration: The exam is held for 6 hours. 3 hours for each session.
- Sections: The quesiton paper consists of 3 sections with 3 types of questions. They are mentioned in below table.
|Section Name||Type of Questions||No. of Questions|
|A||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||30|
|B||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||10|
|C||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||20|
IIT JAM Paper Pattern 2019 for Section A
- Section A includes only 30 Multiple Choice Questions with four alternative options from which only one options is the correct answer.
- For each correct answer, 1 or 2 marks are awarded. On the contrast, for every wrong answer, 1/3rd or 2/3rd of the mark is deducted.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Patten 2019 for Section B
- Section B comprises of 10 Multiple Select Questions. The MSQs have four alternative options in which more than one option is correct.
- For every right answer, 2 marks are added, and for each wrong answer, zero marks are deducted. That means, there are no negative marks.
IIT JAM Pattern 2019 for Section C
- Section B consists of 20 Numerical Answer Type questions. It does not have any alternative options. The candidate has to specify his answer in provided space.
- 2 marks are given for a correct answer, and there are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
IIT JAM Syllabus 2019 Session/ Paper Wise | Syllabus for IIT JAM 2019
In this section, we are providing the Latest IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus Subject Wise. After learning the topics mentioned in IIT JAM M.Sc Syllabus 2019, test yourself by practising with IIT JAM Previous Papers 2019.
IIT JAM Exam Syllabus for Session I
IIT JAM Geology Syllabus 2019 – (GS)
- The Planet Earth,
- Applied Geology,
- Structural Geology,
- Economic Geology,
IIT JAM Syllabus for Biotechnology
- Molecular Biology,
- General Biology,
- Biochemistry & Physiology,
- Cell Biology,
- Basic Biotechnology.
- Stereochemistry of carbon compounds,
- Atomic Structure,
- Instrumental techniques,
- Periodicity in properties,
- Inductive, conjugative effects, electromeric, and resonance,
- Chemical bonding,
- Properties of s, p, d & f block elements,
- Chemistry of Functional Groups,
- Complex formation,
- Synthetic polymers,
- Coordination compounds,
- Soaps and detergents,
- Chemical equilibria,
- Aromatic hydrocarbons,
- Chemical thermodynamics (first & second law),
- Carboxylic & sulphonic acids Mechanism of organic reactions,
- Chemical kinetics (zero, first, second & third order reactions),
- Nitro & amino compounds,
- Diazonium salts,
- Acid-base concepts.
- Exponential and Logarithmic Series,
- Sets, Relations and Functions,
- Differential Equations,
- Mathematical Induction,
- Mathematical Logic,
- Definite and Indefinite Integrals,
- Complex numbers,
- Linear and Quadratic equations,
- Application of Derivatives,
- Sequences and Series,
- Three Dimensional Geometry,
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates,
- Straight lines and Family,
- Limits and Continuity,
- Circles, Conic Sections,
- Matrices and Determinants,
- Permutations and Combinations,
- Boolean Algebra,
- Binomial Theorem,
- Dual Nature of Matter & Radiations,
- Physical World and Measurement,
- Elementary Statics and Dynamics,
- Atomic Nucleus,
- Laws of Motion,
- Solids & Semiconductor Devices,
- Work, Energy and Power,
- Heat & Thermodynamics,
- Principles of Communication,
- Current electricity,
- Mechanics of Solids & Fluids,
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism,
- Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body,
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current,
- Electromagnetic waves.
Syllabus for IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics – (MS)
- Random Variables,
- Sequences and Series,
- Testing of Hypotheses,
- Differential Calculus,
- Standard Distributions,
- Integral Calculus,
- Joint Distributions,
- Limit Theorems,
IIT JAM Syllabus Chemistry 2019 – (CY)
- Chemical and Phase Equilibria,
- Basic Mathematical Concepts,
- Atomic and Molecular Structure,
- Theory of Gases,
- Solid state,
- Chemical Kinetics,
- Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Natural Products Chemistry,
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry & Stereochemistry,
- Aromatic and Heterocyclic Chemistry,
- Organic Reaction Mechanism & Synthetic Applications,
- Qualitative Organic Analysis.
- Bioinorganic Chemistry,
- Periodic Table,
- Analytical Chemistry,
- Chemical Bonding & Shapes of Compounds,
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis,
- Main Group Elements (s and p blocks),
- Transition Metals (d block).
Syllabus of IIT JAM 2019 Session II
IIT JAM Mathematical Syllabus 2019 – (MA)
- Vector Calculus,
- Sequences and Series of Real Numbers,
- Real Analysis,
- Differential Equations,
- Functions of One Real Variable,
- Group Theory,
- Functions of Two or Three Real Variables,
- Linear Algebra,
- Integral Calculus.
IIT JAM Syllabus Biological Sciences 2019 – (BL)
- Mathematical Sciences,
- General Biology,
- Microbiology, Cell Biology & Immunology,
- Basics of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics.
IIT JAM Physics Syllabus 2019 – (PH)
- Kinetic theory,
- Mathematical Methods,
- Solid State Physics, Devices & Electronics,
- Mechanics & General Properties of Matter,
- Oscillations, Waves & Optics,
- Modern Physics,
- Electricity & Magnetism.
About IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM)
The Indian Institute of Technology is a conducting board for IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. The IIT JAM is a national level entrance exam which is conducted annually, i.e. once in every year. Through IIT JAM 2019 Test, candidates can get admission in M.Sc (Two Years), Joint M.Sc – PhD, M.Sc – PhD Dual Degree, and other Post Bachelor Degree Programmes at IITs. Study the topics mentioned in IIT JAM Syllabus 2019 to grab a seat in IIT’s.
You can know such kind useful information about other State and National Level Entrance Exams, by following this site. Also, bookmark this site, examtime.co to know details regarding application form, syllabus, exam date, previous papers, slot booking, admit card, rank estimator, result, merit list, score card, counselling and allotment order.