The Latest GPAT 2019 Syllabus Topic Wise is provided here. By clicking on the direct link provided below, you can do GPAT Syllabus 2019 Pdf Download. Find the GPAT Exam Syllabus 2019 to prepare for the exam. Also, read this article to know details related to Syllabus for GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) 2019 and GPAT Exam Pattern 2019.
GPAT Syllabus 2019 Section-wise
Cracking any exam becomes easier when students are well aware of the GPAT 2019 Syllabus. By checking the GPAT Pharmacy Syllabus 2019, the candidates can know questions and answer details to write in the GPAT 2019 Exam. The exam conducting authority has released the GPAT Exam Syllabus 2019 that has to be completed by the registered candidates.
The candidates who are participating in the examination of GPAT 2019 have to pick the Syllabus for GPAT 2019 and GPAT 2019 Exam Pattern for better preparation of the exam. The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Syllabus 2019 is available for all the subjects, which are covered in the test. The students can download the AICTE Syllabus for GPAT 2019 by clicking on the below provided GPAT Syllabus 2019 Pdf Download Link. Also, after studying the topics mentioned in Syllabus of GPAT 2019, download GPAT Sample Papers by clicking here and practice for the exam.
GPAT 2019 Exam Important Dates
|GPAT Entrance Exam Syllabus 2019|
|Conducting Board Name||All Indian Council For Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Exam Name||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|GPAT 2019 Admit Card Download Date||January 2019|
|GPAT 2019 Exam Date||January 2019|
GPAT Exam Pattern 2019 | Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Paper Pattern 2019
Are you looking for the GPAT 2019 Exam Pattern? From this section, you can check all the information about GPAT Test Pattern 2019. The GPAT Exam Pattern 2019 provides details related to the scheme of the exam, number of questions and distribution of marks. Moreover, the GPAT Paper Pattern 2019 including marking scheme, mode of exam, type of questions, number of questions and more details are provided in this section. The Exam Pattern for GPAT 2019 is as follows:
- Exam Mode: The GPAT 2019 Exam is a computer-based test and is conducted in online mode.
- Duration of Exam: It is held for 3 hours.
- No. of Questions: Total 125 questions are asked in the exam.
- Type of Questions: The questions are of Objective type multiple choice questions.
- Language: The questions are asked in the English language.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks are added for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
GPAT 2019 Syllabus Topic Wise | GPAT Exam Syllabus 2019
The Syllabus for GPAT 2019 covers various topics related to pharmacy, such as Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical -Engineering, Management, Technology and so on. Right now, the students can check the topics of GPAT 2019 Syllabus from which the questions are asked in the GPAT 2019 Exam. And, a GPAT Syllabus 2019 Pdf Download Link is provided below.
GPAT Syllabus for Pharmacy 2019 – Physical Chemistry
- Composition & physical states of matter,
- Colligative Properties,
- Ionic equilibrium,
- Refractive index.
Syllabus of GPAT 2019 – Physical Pharmacy
- Dispersion systems,
- Matter, properties of matter,
- Micromeritics and powder rheology,
- Surface and interfacial phenomenon,
- Viscosity and rheology.
GPAT 2019 Syllabus for Organic Chemistry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry,
- General principles,
- Bridged rings,
- Different classes of compounds,
- Kinetic & thermodynamic control,
- Protection & deprotection of groups,
- Aromaticity & chemistry of aromatic compounds,
- Different aromatic classes of compounds,
- Amino acids & proteins,
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons,
- Pericyclic reactions,
- Carbonyl Chemistry.
GPAT Exam Syllabus 2019 for Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry
- Dentifrices, desensitizing agents, and anticaries agents,
- Pharmaceutical Impurities,
- Therapeutic classes of drugs,
- Different classes of therapeutic drugs,
- Various classes of therapeutic agents,
- Asymmetric synthesis,
- Chiral pool,
- Sources of various naturally available chiral compounds,
- Eudismic ratio,
- Enantioselectivity and enantiospecificity,
- Enantiomeric and diastereomeric excess,
- Prochiral molecules,
Asymmetric synthesis of captopril & propranolol,
- Introduction to a quantitative structure-activity relationship (QSAR),
- Linear free energy relationship,
- Hammett’s equation,
- Use of substituent constants such as π,σ, Es, and physicochemical parameters such as pKa,
- Partition coefficient, Rm,
- Chemical shifts,
- Molar refractivity,
- Simple and valance molecular connectivity to indicate electronic effects, lipophilic effects, and steric effects,
- Introduction, methodology, advantages & disadvantages/limitations of Hansch analysis,
- Reactions involving these linkers,
- Combinatorial chemistry,
- Introduction to throughput screening,
- Introduction and basic terminology,
- Manual parallel and automated parallel synthesis,
- Databases and libraries,
- Limitations of combinatorial synthesis,
- Solid phase synthesis technique,
- Houghton’s tea bag method,
- Recursive deconvolution,
- Types of supports and linkers, Wang, Rink, and dihydropyran, derivatized linkers,
- Mix and split method for the synthesis of tripeptides.
Syllabus for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2019 – Pharmaceutics
- Pharmacy Profession & Introduction to Pharmaceuticals,
- Pilot plant scale-up techniques,
- Introduction to dosage form,
- Sources of drug information,
- Allopathic dosage form,
- Crude extract,
- Packaging Materials,
- Allergenic extract,
- Liquids(spirits, solutions, aromatic water, syrups, elixirs, liquid for external uses),
- Biological products,
- GMP and Validation,
- Pharmaceutical Plant, location, layout,
- Pharmaceutical Aerosols,
- Dosage Form Necessities and Additives,
- Novel Drug delivery system,
- Ophthalmic preparations,
- Prolonged Action Pharmaceuticals,
- Parenterals – product requiring sterile packaging,
- Stability of formulated products,
GPAT Syllabus 2019 for Pharmacology
- Pharmacology of Endocrine system,
- General Pharmacology,
- Principles of toxicology,
- Neurohumoral transmission in autonomic and central nervous system,
- Peptides and proteins as mediators.
- Pharmacology of peripheral nervous system,
- Vitamins & Minerals,
- Pharmacology of central nervous System,
- Autacoids and their Antagonists,
- Pharmacology of cardiovascular system,
- Drugs acting on the urinary system,
- Pharmacology of drug acting on gastrointestinal tract,
- Drugs acting on the Respiratory system,
GPAT Pharmacy Syllabus 2019 for Pharmacognosy
- Introductory Pharmacognosy,
- Homoeopathic system of medicine,
- Classification of crude drugs,
- Volatile oils,
- Factors influencing the quality of crude drugs,
- Ayurvedic system of medicine,
- Techniques in microscopy,
- Resinous drugs,
- Introduction to phytoconstituents,
- Principles of plant classification,
- Algae, Fungi, Gymnosperm, Angiosperm, Pteridophytes.
- Pharmaceutical aids,
- Plants based industries & research institutes in India,
- Animal products,
- Plant products,
- Traditional herbal drugs,
- Toxic drugs,
- Extraction and Isolation Techniques,
- Herbal cosmetics,
- Natural pesticides and insecticides,
- Adulteration and evaluation of crude drugs,
- Worldwide trade of crude drugs and volatile oils,
- Quantitative microscopy,
- Quality control and Standardization of herbal drugs,
- Biogenetic pathways,
- Herbal formulations,
- Carbohydrates and lipids.
AICTE-GPAT Syllabus 2019 for Pharmaceutical Analysis
- General principles of spectroscopy,
- Importance of quality control in pharmacy,
- Acid-base titrations,
- Ultraviolet-visible Spectrometry,
- Non-aqueous titrations,
- Oxidation-reduction titrations,
- Precipitation titrations,
- Nephelometry and Turbidimetry,
- Complexometric titrations,
- Flame photometry and atomic absorption spectrometry,
- Extraction techniques,
- Infrared spectrometry,
- Mass spectrometry,
- Miscellaneous methods of analysis,
- Proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry,
GPAT Entrance Syllabus 2019 for Biochemistry
- Hereditary disease
- Biological oxidations & reductions,
- Nucleic acids,
GPAT Biotechnology Syllabus 2019
- Recombinant DNA Technology,
- Plant Cell and Tissue Culture,
- Cell and tissue culture,
- Processes and applications.
- Biotechnology-Derived Products,
- Sources and upstream processing,
- Downstream processing,
- Immunological approaches to detection of contaminant, Endotoxin and other pyrogenic contaminants.
- Animal Cell Culture,
- Process and Applications,
- Constructing Recombinant DNA molecules,
- PCR and applications,
- Drug delivery systems in gene therapy.
- Fermentation Technology and Industrial Microbiology.
Syllabus for GPAT 2019 – Microbiology
- Sterilization & Disinfection,
- Introduction to Microbiology,
- Sterilization & Disinfection,
- Microscopy and staining technique,
- Vaccines & Sera,
- Biology of Microorganisms,
- Vaccines & Sera
- Fungi and Viruses,
- Aseptic Technique.
AICTE-GPAT 2019 Syllabus for Pathophysiology
- Immunopathology including amyloidosis,
- Host-parasite Relationship,
- Immune response.
- Basic principles of cell injury and adaptation,
- Laboratory tests for Liver function tests and kidney function tests,
- Basic mechanisms of inflammation and repair,
- Infectious diseases,
- Disorders of fluid, electrolyte and acid-base balance,
- Pathophysiology of common diseases,
- Disorders of homeostasis: white blood cells, lymphoid tissues, and
- Neoplastic diseases,
- Red blood cells related diseases.
GPAT Entrance Exam Syllabus 2019 for Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Bio-pharmaceutical statistics,
- Bio-availability and Bio-equivalence,
GPAT Syllabus for Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Age-related drug therapy:
- Pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Concept of posology,
- Drugs used in pregnancy and lactation,
- Drug therapy for neonates.
- General Principles, maintenance, preparation, analysis of observational records in Clinical Pharmacy.
- Drug therapy for rheumatic, skin and eye disorders.
- Clinical trials, phases and type of clinical trials, placebo, ethical and regulatory issues including the Good clinical practice in clinical trials.
- Drug therapy in gastrointestinal, renal, hepatic, respiratory and Cardiovascular Disorders.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring, types of ADR, adverse drug reaction (ADR), Mechanism of ADR.
- Drug interaction, reporting and monitoring of ADR and its significance.
- Drug therapy for malignant disorders like lymphoma, leukaemia, and solid tumours.
- Drug information services, Drug Interactions.
- Drug therapy for psychological and neurological disorders.
- Drug interaction in geriatric and pediatric patients, drug treatment during pregnancy, menstruation and lactation.
- Drug therapy for parathyroid and thyroid disorders, menstrual cycle disorders, diabetes mellitus, menopause and male sexual dysfunction.
- Pharmacovigilance, Neutraceuticals, Therapeutic drug monitoring, essential drugs and rational drug usage.
- Drug therapy in infections of the urinary system, respiratory system, HIV, infective meningitis, malaria, TB, and filaria.
AICTE Syllabus for GPAT 2019 – Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Skeletal System,
- Cell physiology,
- Lymphatic system,
- The Blood,
- Central Nervous system,
- Gastrointestinal tract,
- Cardiovascular system,
- Respiratory System,
- Urinary System,
- Autonomic nervous system,
- Reproductive System,
- Sense organs,
- Endocrine Glands.
GPAT Pharmaceutical Engineering Syllabus 2019
- Reproductive System,
- Industrial hazards & safety precautions,
- Heat transfer,
- Automated process control systems,
- Filtration and Centrifugation,
- Material of constructions,
- Size reduction and size separation,
- Dehumidification and humidity control,
- Refrigeration and air conditioning.
GPAT AICTE Syllabus 2019 for Pharmaceutical Management
- Marketing Research,
- Introduction to management,
- Standard institutions and regulatory authorities,
- Planning and Forecasting,
- Leadership and motivation,
- World trade organization (WTO) and trade-related intellectual property rights (TRIPS),
- Research Management,
- Human resource and development (HRD),
- Inventory Management,
GPAT 2019 Exam Syllabus for Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug (Price Control) Order.
- Historical background Drug legislation in India, Code of Ethics for Pharmacists.
- Prevention of Food Adulteration – Act 1954 and Rules.
- Industrial Development and Regulation act 1951.
- The Pharmacy Act 1948 (inclusive of recent amendments).
- Shops and Establishment Act.
- Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940, Rules 1945, including New Drug applications.
- Minimum Wages Act 1948.
- Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, and Rules thereunder.
- Factory Act.
- Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act 1954.
- An Introduction to Standard Institutions and Regulatory Authorities such as BIS, ASTM, ISO, TGA, USFDA, MHRA, ICH, WHO.
- Medicinal and Toilet Preparations (Excise Duties) Act 1955, Rules 1976.
- Consumer Protection Act.
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy – Act 1970 & Rules 1975.
- Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights & Indian Patent Act 1970.
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960.
- Indian Pharmaceutical Industry- An Overview.
GPAT Syllabus for Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy
- Study of current patent & proprietary products, generic products and selected brand products, indications, contraindications, adverse drug reactions, available dosage forms and packing of
- Antacids and ulcer healing drugs,
- Antihypertensive drug,
- Analgesics and antipyretic drugs,
- Antiamoebic drugs,
- Antidiarrheals and laxatives,
- Antihistaminic drugs,
- Antiemetic drugs,
- Respiratory drugs.
- Introduction to laboratory equipment, handling of prescriptions, weighting methodology, labelling instructions for dispensed products.
- Reading and counseling of prescriptions from the clinical practice.
- Procurement of information for a given drug for drug information services.
- Designing from mock Pharmacy:
- Layout and structure of retail Pharmacy,
- Compounding, storing, dispensing, pricing, labeling, recording and counseling of prescription.
- Preparation of Hospital Formulary.
- Preparations of formulations involving allegation, alcohol dilution, isotonic solution.Compounding and dispensing of following prescriptions
- Prescription based on chemical, physical, and therapeutic incompatibility. Tablets
- Lotions (External preparations),
- Ointments / Paste,
- Liniments (External preparations),
- Posological calculations involved in calculation of dosage for infants.
- Enlarging & reducing formula, displacement value.
About Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
The All Indian Council For Technical Education (AICTE) is responsible for taking care of Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). It is a national level entrance exam and is conducted at one time in a year. The GPAT 2019 Exam is a gateway to join in Post Graduate Pharmacy courses. Various AICTE approved Universities/ Institutes accept the GPAT 2019 Score and offer admissions. The student who has completed his/ her Bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy course can apply for this exam. After registering for the test, check the GPAT Syllabus 2019 Subject Wise from above.
To know latest updates related to State and National Level Pharmacy Entrance Exams, bookmark this site. And also, follow this site, examtime.co to check latest updates regarding application form, exam date, previous papers, slot booking, admit card, answer key, cut off marks, rank card, rank list, result, counseling and admission letter.