The GATE Syllabus for ECE Pdf Download Link is provided below. Also, you can find GATE ECE Syllabus 2019 and GATE 2019 Pattern for ECE from this page. In addition, you can check GATE Syllabus for ECE with Weightage. Read this article to know complete Syllabus of GATE ECE 2019.
IIT GATE 2019 Syllabus for ECE (Electronics & Communication Engg)
In general, the IIT GATE Exam Syllabus 2019 Branch Wise is released by conducting authority every year along with exam notification. Since the GATE 2019 Exam has different papers for various courses, the Syllabus for GATE 2019 changes for each paper. In case, the candidate wants to check GATE Syllabus 2019 for All Branches, then click on the above-provided link. Here on this page, we are concentrating more on GATE Syllabus for ECE 2019 branch. The ECE Students who have applied for GATE 2019 Exam can go through this page to verify GATE ECE Syllabus 2019. The GATE 2019 Syllabus for ECE includes all the four-year subject that the student has learned during their Bachelor’s Degree.
You can just check the topics included in GATE 2019 ECE Syllabus to have an idea of what to study and what not to study. There are a few subjects that are not included in GATE 2019 Syllabus ECE. Thus, by verifying the GATE Syllabus for ECE – Electronics and Communication Engineering 2019, the students can save their time by not studying unincluded subjects.
GATE 2019 Exam Important Dates
|GATE Entrance Exam Syllabus 2019 for ECE|
|Conducting Authority Name||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Publishment of Admit Card||January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Exam Date||February 2019|
|GATE ECE Exam Paper Code||EC|
GATE Exam Pattern 2019 for ECE | GATE Marking Scheme 2019
|Subject Name||Percentage of Marks|
- Mode of Exam: The GATE 2019 Test is an online exam, i.e. computer-based test.
- Exam Duration: The exam is conducted for 3 hours, i.e. 180 minutes.
- No. of Questions: The exam paper comprises of 65 questions with total 100 marks.
- Questions Type: Both objective type and numerical type questions are asked in this exam.
- Marking Scheme: There are 1 mark questions and 2 mark questions in GATE 2019 Exam.
- Negative Marking: For 1 mark questions, 1/3rd mark is subtracted for every wrong answer. And, for 2 mark questions, 2/3rd mark is deducted for an incorrect answer.
GATE Exam Syllabus for ECE 2019 | IIT GATE ECE Syllabus 2019 – 20 Topic Wise
The GATE Exam Syllabus 2019 for ECE includes three subjects – Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude and ECE four-year subjects. The GATE Syllabus for ECE 2019 Subject Wise is as follows:
GATE Syllabus for ECE – General Aptitude
- Verbal Ability:
- English grammar,
- Verbal deduction,
- Word groups,
- Sentence completion,
- Critical reasoning
- Verbal analogies.
- Numerical Ability:
- Numerical reasoning
- Numerical computation,
- Data interpretation, and
- Numerical estimation.
GATE ECE Syllabus for Engineering Mathematics
- Vector Analysis:
- Vectors in plane and space,
- Divergence and curl,
- Vector operations,
- Green’s, Gauss’s, and Stoke’s theorems.
- Linear Algebra:
- Matrix algebra,
- Vector space,
- Eigen-values & eigen vectors,
- Rank, solution of linear equations:
- Existence, and
- Linear dependence and independence,
- Probability and Statistics:
- Mean, median, mode and standard deviation,
- Combinatorial probability,
- Joint and conditional probability,
- probability distribution functions:
- Poisson, and
- Maxima and minima,
- Mean value theorems,
- Taylor series,
- Theorems of integral calculus,
- Multiple integrals,
- Evaluation of definite and improper integrals,
- Surface and volume integrals,
- Partial derivatives,
- Complex Analysis:
- Cauchy’s integral formula,
- Analytic functions,
- Residue theorem,
- Cauchy’s integral theorem,
- Taylor’s and Laurent’s series.
- Differential Equations:
- Particular integral & Complementary function,
- First order equations (nonlinear and linear),
- Initial & boundary value problems,
- Higher order linear differential equations,
- Partial differential equations,
- Cauchy’s & Euler’s equations,
- Variable separable method,
- Methods of solution using the variation of parameters.
- Numerical Methods:
- Single & Multi-step methods for differential equations,
- Convergence criteria,
- Solution of nonlinear equations.
<< GATE 2019 Admit Card >>
GAE Syllabus for ECE – Networks, Signals and Systems
- Network solution methods:
- Solution of network equations using Laplace transform,
- Nodal and mesh analysis,
- State equations for networks,
- Time domain analysis of simple linear circuits,
- Network theorems:
- Maximum power transfer,
- Thevenin and Norton’s.
- Frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits,
- Wye‐Delta transformation,
- Linear 2‐port network parameters:
- Driving point and
- Transfer functions.
- Steady state sinusoidal analysis using phasors.
- Continuous-time signals:
- Discrete-time signals:
- Discrete-time Fourier transform (DTFT),
- Interpolation of discrete-time signals,
- Fourier series and Fourier transform representations,
- LTI systems:
- Poles and zeros,
- Definition and properties,
- Digital filter design techniques,
- Parallel and cascade structure,
- Phase delay,
- Impulse response,
- Frequency response,
- Group delay.
- Sampling theorem & applications.
- Discrete-time signals:
Syllabus of GATE ECE 2019 – Electronic Devices
- Energy bands in intrinsic & extrinsic silicon,
- Integrated circuit fabrication process:
- Ion implantation,
- Photolithography & twin-tub CMOS process,
- Carrier transport:
- Diffusion current,
- Mobility, and
- Drift current.
- MOS capacitor,
- Generation and recombination of carriers,
- Photo diode and Solar cell,
- Poisson and continuity equations,
- P-N junction,
- Zener diode.
GATE 2019 Syllabus for ECE – Analog Circuits
- Active filters,
- Small signal equivalent circuits of diodes,
- Power supplies:
- Ripple removal, and
- BJTs and MOSFETs,
- Sinusoidal oscillators:
- Criterion for oscillation,
- Single-transistor & op-amp configurations.
- Simple diode circuits:
- Clipping, and
- Voltage reference circuits,
- Single-stage BJT and MOSFET amplifiers:
- Mid-frequency small signal analysis,
- Bias stability, and
- Frequency response.
- Function generators,
- BJT and MOSFET amplifiers:
- Power & operational.
- Wave-shaping circuits and 555 timers,
- Simple op-amp circuits.
GATE 2019 ECE Syllabus – Digital Circuits
- Data converters:
- ADCs and DACs,
- Sample & hold circuits.
- Number systems,
- 8-bit microprocessor (8085):
- Memory and I/O interfacing.
- Combinatorial circuits:
- Code converters,
- Boolean algebra,
- Decoders and PLAs,
- Arithmetic circuits,
- Minimization of functions using Karnaugh map & Boolean identities,
- Logic gates & their static CMOS implementations.
- Semiconductor memories:
- Sequential circuits:
- Latches & flip‐flops,
- Finite state machines,
GATE Exam Syllabus ECE 2019 – Control Systems
- Transient & steady-state analysis of LTI systems,
- Basic control system components,
- Lag, lead & lag-lead compensation,
- Frequency response,
- Feedback principle,
- Bode and root-locus plots,
- State variable model,
- Transfer function,
- Solution of state equation of LTI systems,
- Block diagram representation,
- Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist stability criteria,
- Signal flow graph.
GATE Syllabus for ECE 2019 – Communication
- Fundamentals of error correction,
- Random processes:
- Autocorrelation & power spectral density,
- Filtering of random signals through LTI systems,
- Properties of white noise.
- Basics of
- CDMA, and
- Analog communications:
- Superheterodyne receivers,
- Amplitude modulation & demodulation,
- Circuits for analog communications,
- Angle modulation & demodulation,
- Spectra of AM and FM.
- Hamming codes,
- Information theory:
- Channel capacity theorem,
- Mutual information.
- Inter-symbol interference and its mitigation,
- Digital communications:
- Phase and frequency shift keying (PSK, ASK, FSK),
- SNR and BER for digital modulation,
- QAM, MAP and ML decoding,
- Digital modulation schemes,
- Calculation of bandwidth,
- Matched filter receiver.
- Timing & frequency synchronization.
GATE 2019 Syllabus ECE – Electromagnetics
- Cut-off frequencies,
- Dispersion relations,
- Boundary conditions.
- Light propagation in optical fibers,
- Maxwell’s equations:
- Wave equation,
- Differential & integral forms and their interpretation,
- Poynting vector,
- Boundary conditions.
- Return loss,
- Antenna types,
- Fain and directivity,
- Antenna arrays,
- Radiation pattern.
- Plane waves and properties:
- propagation through various media,
- Reflection and refraction,
- Phase and group velocity,
- Skin depth,
- Basics of radar,
- Transmission lines:
- Impedance transformation,
- Characteristic impedance,
- Smith chart,
- Impedance matching.
Previous Year GATE Syllabus for ECE With Weightage
|Signals and Systems||7%||8%|
The Indian Institute of Technology is an organising authority for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). The GATE 2019 Test is a National Level Engineering Exam and is conducted annually, i.e. one time in a year. The candidates who are aspiring to join in Post Graduate Engineering courses should apply for this exam. Moreover, the candidates from ECE course who are seeking a career in core subjects can check the above mentioned GATE Syllabus for ECE 2019.
Bookmark this site, examtime.co to know complete information about State and National Level Engineering Examination. Also, follow this site to check details regarding application form, previous papers, exam date, slot booking, answer key, rank estimator, merit list, result, rank card, cutoff marks, result, counselling and allotment order.