The Latest GATE 2019 Syllabus for Computer Science & IT and GATE Exam Pattern 2019 for Computer Science (CS) are provided below. Check GATE Computer Science Syllabus 2019 Topic Wise. Do GATE Syllabus for CSE 2019 Pdf Download by clicking on the below provided GATE CSE Syllabus 2019 Pdf Download Link. Also, you can find Syllabus of GATE for CSE with Weightage Marks.
GATE Computer Science and IT Syllabus 2019 – 20 Topic Wise
All the aspirants must start their preparation for GATE 2019 Exam by making an effective study plan with the provided GATE Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology. To make your preparation for GATE 2019 easy, we are specifying Complete GATE 2019 Syllabus for CS & IT. Also, the GATE CSE Syllabus 2019 reveals the topics and subtopics that are covered in the general ability and engineering mathematics section, which are compulsory. With the help of the GATE Syllabus for CSE 2019, the students can figure out which topics they need to cover first.
Apart from the Syllabus for GATE Computer Science and Information Technology 2019, the candidates must know the GATE Exam Pattern 2019. With the help of both the GATE 2019 Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology (CS & IT) and GATE CSE Exam Pattern 2019, the candidates will be able to generate a right plan for the preparation of GATE 2019 Exam. Furthermore, to make your preparation easy, we are providing GATE Syllabus for CSE Pdf Download link below on our page. Also, Check GATE Syllabus 2019 for CS & IT with Weightage prescribed on this page. Moreover, click here to check GATE 2019 Syllabus of all courses.
GATE 2019 Exam Important Dates
|GATE Exam Syllabus for CSE 2019|
|Conducting Authority Name||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Publishment Date of GATE 2019 Admit Card||January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Exam Date||February 2019|
|GATE CSE Exam Paper Code||CS|
<< GATE Previous Papers >>
GATE Exam Pattern 2019 for CSE | GATE CSE & IT Exam Pattern 2019
The GATE 2019 Exam Pattern is same for all the courses. The GATE Paper Pattern 2019 CSE determines the structure of the exam paper. Also, this GATE CSE Exam Pattern 2019 is prepared by the exam conducting board and is announced along with the GATE 2019 Exam Notification. Also, the GATE Exam Pattern 2019 CSE & IT helps the aspirants to know how many questions are asked, what type of questions are asked, and whether there are any negative marking or not, etc. The GATE Test Pattern 2019 CSE & IT is as follows:
|Subject Name||Percentage of Marks|
|CSE & IT Subjects||70%|
GATE Marking Scheme 2019 CSE
- Exam Mode: The mode of GATE 2019 Exam is online. That is, it is a computer-based test.
- Question Paper Type: The GATE 2019 Test contains both Objective type and numerical type questions.
- Exam Duration: The exam is conducted for 3 hours (180 minuted).
- No. of Questions: The exam comprises of total 65 questions.
- Marking Scheme: It consists of 1 mark and 2 mark questions.
- Negative Markings:
- 1/3rd of the mark is subtracted for 1-mark questions.
- 2/3rd of the mark is deducted for 2-mark questions.
- The above two points applies to MCQ questions. As for numerical type questions, there are no negative marks for wrong answers.
GATE CSE Syllabus 2019 | GATE Syllabus for CSE 2019 Subject Wise
The Detailed GATE Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology 2019 is mentioned below. Moreover, the aspirants can download the GATE Syllabus for CSE Pdf 2019 by clicking on the direct link provided below. The students can plan their preparation according to the GATE 2019 Syllabus for CS & IT.
GATE Exam Syllabus for CSE 2019
- Verbal Ability:
- Sentence completion,
- English grammar,
- Critical reasoning,
- Word groups,
- Verbal deduction,
- Verbal analogies.
- Numerical Ability:
- Numerical estimation,
- Data interpretation,
- Numerical computation,
- Numerical reasoning.
GATE CSE and IT Syllabus 2019
Section1: Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra:
- System of linear equations,
- LU decomposition,
- Eigenvalues & eigenvectors.
- Discrete Mathematics:
- Propositional and first-order logic,
- Sets, functions, relations, lattices and partial orders,
- Conditional probability,
- Random variables,
- Uniform, exponential, normal, binomial and Poisson distributions,
- Computer Science and Information Technology,
- Median, mean, mode and standard deviation,
- Bayes theorem.
- Continuity, limits, and differentiability,
- Mean value theorem,
- Maxima and minima,
- Generating functions,
- Recurrence relations.
GATE 2019 Syllabus for CSE & IT 2019
Section 2: Digital Logic
- Boolean algebra,
- Computer arithmetic (floating and fixed point),
- Combinational and sequential circuits,
- Number representations.
Syllabus of GATE 2019 for CSE & IT
Section 3: Computer Organization and Architecture
- Instruction pipelining,
- Machine instructions and addressing modes,
- I/O interface (Interrupt & DMA mode),
- Memory hierarchy:
- Secondary storage, and
- Main memory.
- Data‐path and control unit.
GATE Syllabus for CSE
Section 4: Programming and Data Structures
- Linked lists,
- Programming in C,
- binary heaps,
- Binary search trees,
GATE CS Syllabus 2019
Section 5: Algorithms
- Algorithm design techniques:
- Divide‐and‐conquer and
- Dynamic programming.
- Shortest paths,
- Graph search,
- Minimum spanning trees,
- Asymptotic worst-case time & space complexity.
GATE Syllabus for Computer Science and IT 2019
Section 6: Theory of Computation
- Pumping lemma,
- Regular and context-free languages,
- Regular expressions and finite automata,
- Context-free grammars,
- Turing machines,
- Push-down automata.
GATE CSE Syllabus 2019 Subject Wise
Section 7: Compiler Design
- Syntax-directed translation,
- Lexical analysis,
- Intermediate code generation,
- Runtime environments.
GATE Computer Science Syllabus 2019
Section 8: Operating System
- File systems,
- CPU scheduling,
- Inter‐process communication,
- Virtual memory,
- Concurrency and synchronization,
- Memory management.
GATE Syllabus for CSE
Section 9: Databases
- Normal forms,
- Transactions and concurrency control,
- Relational model:
- Tuple calculus,
- Relational algebra,
- File organization,
- Integrity constraints,
- indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees).
Syllabus for GATE CSE 2019
Section 10: Computer Networks
- Routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state),
- Concept of layering,
- Basics of Wi-Fi. Network security:
- Digital signatures and certificates,
- Basics of public key and private key cryptography.
- LAN technologies (Ethernet),
- Flow and error control techniques,
- Application layer protocols (SMTP, DNS, FTP, POP, HTTP),
- Congestion control.
GATE Syllabus for CSE With Weightage 2019 Subject Wise
The Syllabus of GATE for Computer Science and Information Technology is provided below. In this section, the candidate can find GATE Subject Wise Weightage for CSE in a table format. The GATET 2019 CSE Syllabus With Weightage is as follows:
|Computer Organization and Architecture||7|
|Programming and Data Structures||12|
|Theory of Computation||7|
The Indian Institute of Technology is responsible for conducting the Nationa Level Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). It is conducted annually, i.e. one time in every year. Through GATE 2019, the students can join in Post Graduate Engineering courses such as M Tech. Also, all India reputed universities like IITs, NITs, IIITs, etc. participate in the GATE 2019 Counselling process. Thus, GATE is one of the toughest competitive exams in India. Therefore, start your preparation early by referring the GATE Syllabus for CSE 2019.
To stay updated on All India Engineering Entrance Exams, bookmark this site. Also, stay tuned to this website, examtime.co to know the latest information regarding application form, exam date, admit card, answer key, syllabus, cut off, previous papers, rank estimator, merit list, rank card, result, counselling and allotment order.