The GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2019 is provided below. You can find GATE Syllabus Mechanical Engineering 2019 Pdf Download Link. You can check the GATE Exam Syllabus Mechanical Engineering (ME) 2019 from below sections. Also, read this article to know complete details related to Syllabus of GATE for Mechanical Engg and GATE Mechanical Engineering Exam Pattern 2019.
GATE Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Check the latest GATE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering to know the new topics included in it. GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2019 Subject Wise has various sections like General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics, MECH Engineering subjects. The GATE Exam Syllabus 2019 Mechanical Engg is listed in below sections. The candidates can go through the GATE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus 2019 and prepare accordingly. Also, download Syllabus of GATE Exam for Mechanical Engineering by clicking on the below provided GATE 2019 Mechanical Syllabus Pdf Download Link.
Since there is a huge competition for this exam, the candidates must refer the Topic Wise GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2019. The students who qualify in GATE 2019 Exam can join in IITs, NITs, etc. So, start your preparation early through GATE 2019 Mechanical Engineering Syllabus.
<< GATE Previous Papers >>
GATE 2019 Exam Important Dates
|GATE Exam Syllabus for Mechanical Engineers 2019|
|Organising Board Name||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Admit Card Downloading Date||January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Exam Date||February 2019|
|GATE MECH Exam Paper Code||ME|
GATE Exam Pattern 2019 for ME | GATE Mechanical Engineering Paper Pattern 2019
In this section, the candidate can check the GATE Mechanical Exam Pattern 2019. The GATE Exam Pattern for Mechanical Engineering 2019 is as follows:
|Subject Name||Percentage of Marks|
|Mechanical Engg Subjects||70%|
GATE Marking Scheme 2019
- Exam Mode: The GATE 2019 Exam is held in online mode. That means, it is a computer-based test.
- Question Paper Type: Objective type and numerical type questions are asked in GATE 2019 Test.
- Exam Duration: The exam is held for 3 hours.
- No. of Questions: Total 65 questions are asked in GATE 2019 Exam.
- Marking Scheme: The questions may carry either 1 mark or 2 marks.
- Negative Markings:
- For 1-mark questions, 1/3rd of the mark is deducted.
- For 2-mark questions, 2/3rd of the mark is subtracted.
- And, there are no negative marks assigned for numerical type questions.
<< GATE 2019 Admit Card >>
GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2019 | GATE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering 2019
The students can have a look at the below provided GATE 2019 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering and start their exam preparation accordingly. If you want to refer other branches GATE 2019 Syllabus Subject Wise, then click here.
Mechanical Engineering GATE Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Numerical Ability:
- Numerical reasoning,
- Numerical computation,
- Data interpretation, and
- Numerical estimation.
- Verbal Ability:
- English grammar,
- Verbal deduction,
- Sentence completion,
- Word groups,
- Critical reasoning, and
- Verbal analogies.
GATE Exam Syllabus for ME
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra:
- Matrix algebra,
- Systems of linear equations.
- Maxima and minima,
- Functions of single variable, differentiability, continuity, and limit,
- Applications of Gauss, Green’s and Stokes theorems,
- Mean value theorems,
- Fourier series,
- Indeterminate forms,
- Surface, line, and volume integrals,
- Evaluation of definite & improper integrals,
- Gradient, curl, and divergence,
- Double & triple integrals,
- Directional derivatives,
- Partial derivatives,
- Total derivative,
- Vector identities,
- Taylor series (in one and two variables).
- Differential equations:
- Laplace transforms,
- Initial and boundary value problems,
- First order equations (linear and nonlinear),
- Laplace’s equations,
- Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients
- Solutions of heat & wave,
- Euler-Cauchy equation,
- Complex variables:
- Cauchy’s integral theorem & integral formula,
- Analytic functions,
- Taylor and Laurent series,
- Cauchy-Riemann equations.
- Probability and Statistics:
- Mode, median, mean, & standard deviation,
- Definitions of probability,
- Normal, Poisson and binomial distributions,
- Sampling theorems,
- Random variables,
- Conditional probability.
- Numerical Methods:
- Single & multi-step methods for differential equations,
- Numerical solutions of linear & non-linear algebraic equations,
- Integration by trapezoidal & Simpson’s rules.
GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2019 Topic Wise
Section 2: Applied Mechanics and Design
- Engineering Mechanics:
- Kinematics & dynamics of particles & rigid bodies in plane motion,
- Free-body diagrams & equilibrium,
- Trusses and frames,
- Impulse & momentum (angular & linear),
- Virtual work,
- Energy formulations.
- Mechanics of Materials:
- Torsion of circular shafts,
- Stress and strain,
- Testing of hardness & impact strength,
- Elastic constants,
- Euler’s theory of columns,
- Poisson’s ratio,
- Testing of materials with a universal testing machine,
- Mohr’s circle for plane stress and plane strain,
- Energy methods,
- Thin cylinders,
- Thermal stresses,
- Deflection of beams
- Shear force and bending moment diagrams,
- Strain gauges and rosettes,
- Bending and shear stresses.
- Theory of Machines:
- Gears and gear trains,
- Velocity, displacement, & acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms;
- Flywheels & governors,
- Dynamic analysis of linkages,
- Balancing of reciprocating & rotating masses,
- Vibration isolation,
- Free & forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems,
- Critical speeds of shafts,
- Effect of damping,
- Machine Design:
- Fatigue strength & the S-N diagram,
- Design for static & dynamic loading,
- Rolling, shafts, sliding, and gears, brakes, contact bearings, and springs, clutches,
- Failure theories,
- Principles of the design of machine elements such as riveted, welded joints, bolted.
GATE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering 2019
Section 3: Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences
- Second law of thermodynamics,
- Thermodynamic systems and processes,
- Thermodynamic relations,
- Properties of pure substances,
- Thermodynamic property tables & charts,
- Behaviour of ideal and real gases,
- Calculation of work & heat in various processes,
- Availability & irreversibility,
- Zeroth and first laws of thermodynamics.
- Fluid Mechanics:
- Differential equations of continuity & momentum,
- Fluid properties,
- Bends and fittings,
- Fluid statics,
- Bernoulli’s equation,
- Flow through pipes,
- Dimensional analysis,
- Forces on submerged bodies,
- Head losses in pipes,
- Stability of floating bodies,
- Viscous flow of incompressible fluids,
- Control-volume analysis of momentum, mass, and energy,
- Elementary turbulent flow,
- Fluid acceleration,
- Boundary layer.
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning:
- Psychrometric chart,
- Vapour & gas refrigeration,
- Basic psychrometric processes,
- Properties of moist air,
- Heat pump cycles.
- Power Engineering:
- Concepts of regeneration & reheat,
- Vapour & gas power cycles,
- Air & gas compressors.
- Impulse & reaction principles,
- Francis & Kaplan turbines,
- Velocity diagrams.
- I.C. Engines:
- Diesel & dual cycles,
- Air-standard Otto.
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning:
- Forced convective heat transfer,
- Modes of heat transfer,
- Radiation network analysis,
- One dimensional heat conduction,
- Heat transfer correlations for flow over flat plates and through pipes,
- Resistance concept,
- View factors,
- Electrical analogy,
- Effect of turbulence,
- Heat transfer through fins,
- Black and grey surfaces,
- Unsteady heat conduction,
- Heat exchanger performance,
- Lumped parameter system,
- Wien’s displacement law,
- Heisler’s charts,
- LMTD & NTU methods,
- Thermal boundary layer,
- Stefan-Boltzmann law,
- Dimensionless parameters in free,
- Radiative heat transfer.
Syllabus of GATE for Mechanical Engineering 2019
Section 4: Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing:
- Basic concepts of CAD/CAM & their integration tools.
- Engineering Materials:
- Phase diagrams,
- Structure of engineering materials,
- Stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials,
- Properties of engineering materials,
- Heat treatment.
- Operations Research:
- Linear programming,
- CPM and PERT,
- Simplex method,
- Network flow models,
- Simple queuing models.
- Casting, Joining and Forming Processes:
- Fundamentals of cold and hot working processes,
- Different types of castings,
- Load estimation for bulk (rolling, drawing, forging, extrusion) and sheet (deep drawing, shearing, bending) metal forming processes,
- Design of patterns, cores and moulds,
- Principles of brazing, welding, adhesive bonding and soldering,
- Solidification and cooling,
- Plastic deformation & yield criteria,
- Principles of powder metallurgy,
- Riser & gating design.
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations:
- Tool life and wear,
- Mechanics of machining,
- Economics of machining,
- Basic machine tools
- Principles of non-traditional machining processes,
- Single and multi-point cutting tools,
- Design of jigs and fixtures,
- Tool geometry and materials,
- Principles of work holding.
- Production Planning and Control:
- Forecasting models,
- Materials requirement planning,
- Aggregate production planning.
- Metrology and Inspection:
- Limits, fits and tolerances,
- Tolerance analysis in manufacturing & assembly,
- Angular and Linear measurements,
- Form and finish measurement,
- Alignment and testing methods,
- Gauge design.
- Inventory Control:
- Safety stock inventory control systems,
- Deterministic models.
GATE Subject Wise Weightage for Mechanical 2019
The candidates can check the GATE Mechanical Syllabus Weightage 2019 to have an idea about weightage for all sections. The GATE Mechanical Engineering Chapter Wise Marks Weightage is as follows:
|Subject Name||2017 Weightage of Marks|
|Session 1||Session 2|
|Strength of Material||11||8|
|Theory of Machines & Vibration||7||8|
One of the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) becomes a conducting board for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). The GATE 2019 Test is a National Level Entrance Examination and is held one time in every year. The exam is conducted to offer admissions in Post Graduate Engineering Courses at various Universities/ Institutes situated across India. The students who have completed and doing their Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply for this exam. However, the candidates who have qualified in their Bachelor’s degree can get admission in offered PG programmes. Here, on this page, the candidates from Mechanical Engg (MECH) can find their GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2019.
Visit our website, examtime.co to know All India Entrance Exams Syllabus. Also, bookmark this site to know other category details such as application form, exam date, previous papers, answer key, admit card, cut off, counselling, rank list, result, score card and allotment order.